Hortonworks is looking for a passionate software engineer with strong distributed systems expertise to join Hortonworks’ 100% open source Hadoop data ingestion and management platform team.
- Drive architecture, design, and implementation of Real-time Stream Processing Platform in collaboration with Apache open source community
- Work on complex architecture related to messaging systems such as Kafka and real-time and near real-time processing on Storm or Spark clusters running on thousands of nodes across data center
- Understand partner/customer requirements on integration with their existing event stream technologies and frameworks
- Work with product management and quality assurance teams to ensure delivering high quality products
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Passionate about programming. Clean coding habits, attention to details, and focus on quality and testability
- 8+ years of hands on software design, implementation and test experience with strong understanding of distributed & large scale systems
- Strong software engineering skills: object oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, including process, memory, storage and network management is highly desired
- Experience with the following: Java/Scala, concurrent programming, test driven development, and related areas required
- Experience with Kafka, Storm or Spark Streaming is a big plus
- Working knowledge of Hadoop or other big data solutions
- Recognized contributions to open source projects outside of work
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka or Kinesis
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Owner Business Intelligence (m/f)
Test Engineer - R&D
Senior Data Scientist
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Business Data Analyst
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Peloton, NY HQ
MLB Advanced Media, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Seattle, Texas (Dallas/Ft.Worth area)