Buyer - Corporate Purchasing
At Cloudera, we believe what is impossible today, is possible tomorrow. Our machine learning and analytics platform optimized for the cloud enables people to transform complex data into powerful insights. In the Purchasing Department, we strive to enable internal customers the ability to make strategic decisions while we handle negotiations, process control, and execution.
Cloudera is currently seeking a Buyer to work with our management and employees of representing Cloudera in the procurement process. The successful candidate will have good experience of working in a growth company that primarily is in a software environment. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and the ability to assist in data analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing support of Cloudera teams which includes procuring goods and services for: sponsorships, trade shows, consulting services, subscription and license based software, event logistics vendors, hotel and catering contracts
- Review and negotiate contracts and work closely with vendors and internal stakeholders to procure services and goods
- Work in PR system to ensure PO setup accuracy, track and manage PR's through the P2P process
- Work closely with finance organization
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and become key contact for internal business owners to procure goods/services and input PR's in a timely fashion
- Work in a collaborative team environment to support Cloudera procurement process
- Manage and work with key vendors for long term contracting, pricing & SLA's
- Project manage new vendor on-boarding process
- Coordinate cross-department tasks to push purchase requests in a timely manner
- Ensure PO’s are compliant with Cloudera procedures & policies
- Manage contracts and documentation to support purchase requests
- Route contracts for signatures
- Educate and train end users on procurement process
- Run detailed monthly reports for business owners
- 4 year bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in contracts and procurement
- Strong experience with GSuite applications
- Experience with Concur
- Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Ability quickly and efficiently make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Be adaptable to change
- High organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects at a time.
- Flexible hours
At Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Cloudera delivers an enterprise data cloud for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera advances digital transformation for the world’s largest enterprises. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at [email protected].
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
139 Active Jobs
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one