At Cloudera, we believe what is impossible today, is possible tomorrow. Our machine learning and analytics platform optimized for the cloud enables people to transform complex data into powerful insights. In the Purchasing Department, we strive to enable internal customers the ability to make strategic decisions while we handle negotiations, process control, and execution.
Cloudera is looking for a talented, motivated, and passionate General Ledger Accountant to support accounting activities across the European subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of the financial statements for the European subsidiaries.
- Manage the subsidiary month end, quarter end, and year end closing process and financial reporting packages.
- Monitor and forecast cash and oversee the bank integration.
- Support the global monthly consolidation process.
- Manage intercompany balances and settlement and align the with intercompany agreement terms.
- Maintain compliance with the Company’s existing SOX and internal control processes.
- Manage the local quarterly and annual audit related activities as well as international statutory audits.
- Develop/review and implement policies, standards and guidelines related to Ireland finance activities.
- Oversee the external local accounting/compliance firm to ensure that all regulatory compliance requirements are completed timely and accurately.
- Liaise with Treasury, Payroll, HR, Equity, Legal, FP&A, Tax, and the International Accounting headquarters to ensure day-to-day finance operational needs are met and assist in resolving issues and providing guidelines.
- Perform any other ad-hoc tasks/projects assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Follow and comply with all company standards and relevant compliance requirements.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ relevant accounting experience, preferably in a public company.
- Strong foundation in accounting, monthly close, and financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of local accounting regulations and compliance. US GAAP accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, be agile and work well in a dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and to efficiently interact with various groups across the company as well as outside of the company.
- Intermediate/Advance Excel skills.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at [email protected].
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.