Responsible for leading high performance team that deliver break fix solutions to complex problems. This team is part of Hortonworks Support organization and this role requires you to work closely with other global support management team in delivering best-in-class technical support to our elite customers. Motivated to solve challenging real world Big Data problems with simple and elegant solutions and derive great satisfaction by helping others in the organization. Your dedication and high standards translate to impressive results and attract / retain great talent. Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and help the team in taking the right technical decisions. Provide real-time, meaningful and constructive feedback to direct reports in developing their careers.
- 10+ yrs of overall experience and 2+ yrs of management experience.
- Ideal candidate performed Technical Architect/Lead role in software engineering/maintenance projects.
- Currently or previously an expert in a programming language: Java, Scala, C++, etc. and working knowledge in Linux environment.
- Knowledge or experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark and the rest of the Hadoop ecosystem is a big plus.
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems with strong understanding of scaling, performance and debugging techniques.
- Ability to lead in Crisis. Critical thinking and ability to handle multiple escalations & projects at the same time.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Software Engineer, Search Relevance
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Sr Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, San Francisco
ThirdLove, Cordoba, Argentina
Sr. Software Engineer - React
Harbor, San Francisco, CA