Product Owner - Ambari
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, California, United States
Powering the Future of Data
At Hortonworks, we get to empower Hadoop Operators with the software and technology they need to get their job done better, faster, and with less stress. We're looking for a solid product manager, who can methodically create a vision, rally a team around that vision, and be the voice of the customer when difficult decisions have to be made.
- 2-5 years of proven experience in a product owner role for an enterprise software product (enterprise open source preferable).
- Domain experience with Data Center Management tools or Systems Administration/Operation platforms.
- Demonstrated and current technical experience with Apache Ambari, Cloudera Manager or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing and operating Hadoop and Hadoop ecosystem components in enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated experience developing & delivering UI/UX for web-based software.
- Remote Presence - Experience having valuable interactions with remote teams.
- Tenacity - Demonstrated passion, persistence, and willingness to learn quickly.
- Problem Solving - Excellent organizational skills, and ability to empower others to make decisions and make critical decisions themselves
- Editing/Simplification - Proven ability to strip complex problems down to the basics and constructing solid next steps that teams can execute on
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.