Primary Customer Responsibilities
- Holistic coordination between the customer and other Hortonworks organizations across the full HDP deployment lifecycle.
- Trusted point of contact for technical customer feedback to product management, engineering and sales.
- Regular briefings on Hortonworks Data Platform releases and roadmap.
- Active coordination across third party support relationships on behalf of the customer.
- Coordinate triage and prioritization of customer questions and enterprise support tickets.
- Quarterly business reviews of support activity and recommendations
- Fast-track escalations, identify trends, and develop action plans to mitigate/avoid issues.
- Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
- On-site support during critical phases of Hadoop deployments, such as initial production rollout, to troubleshoot issues and minimize downtime (up to 10 on-site days per year)
- Remote planning assistance for critical milestones including upgrade planning and for making the best use of new product capabilities.
- Maintain customer dashboard with relevant product and support metrics
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Open Source experience is a key requirement
- 5 years of technical support experience
- 2 years of enterprise account management
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects and processes
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Professional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with supporting Java applications running on Linux or Windows
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience with database or in a big data platform/company a plus
- Hadoop knowledge and skills a big plus
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Integration & API Support Engineer
Jr. Instructional Designer
Integration & API Support Engineer
Sales Ambassador - Del Amo Mall
Lush Cosmetics, Torrance, California, United States
sweetgreen, Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, Washington DC
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Bethesda
Bonobos, Bethesda, MD