Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated experienced Senior Revenue Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Revenue Manager, the right individual will have a strong understanding of software revenue recognition principles under current GAAP (ASC 985-605) and the ability to apply that knowledge practically to all areas of responsibility. The individual will actively participate in customer contract negotiations providing meaningful technical accounting guidance relative to both ASC 985-605 and ASC 606 to various cross-functional teams, continually monitor and assess the Company’s current SSP assertions, as well as to play an important part in the Company’s overall implementation efforts related to the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606) and other key revenue related initiatives at Hortonworks.
The ideal candidate is both a team player who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, but also a critical thinker that can dig into the details without losing sight over the “bigger picture.”
- Ability to read and interpret complex customer contracts and identify key terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting treatment from a dual reporting perspective and propose solutions within the Company’s revenue recognition policies and related accounting literature
- Collaborate cross functionally with other teams with relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues in the area of revenue recognition.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliations including detail analysis of subscription and services revenue
- Assist in ongoing implementation efforts of the new revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 606)
- Perform and prepare quarterly Standalone Selling Price analysis
- Contribute to process and system improvements in the revenue cycle, including ERP system enhancement and other revenue related projects.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to answer business questions and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, or another related field
- CPA preferred. Big Four public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of revenue and related pronouncements relative to ASC 985-605 and working knowledge of ASC 606
- Ability to utilize independent judgement in establishing the accuracy and reasonableness of information
- Ability to share knowledge and information at different levels of the organization
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Advanced Excel skills required; NetSuite Advanced Revenue Module (ARM) and Salesforce.com preferred
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Finance Associate- MBA Intern
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Commercial Business Analyst (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Supply Chain Intern
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Auto Claims Representative
metromile, Tempe, AZ
Enterprise Account Director- Financial Services
General Assembly, San Francisco
HR Labor Specialist
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)