As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Hadoop related issues. You will troubleshoot the Hortonworks Data Platform in multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Resolve customer problems via telephone, email or remote access
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to management when customer satisfaction comes into question
- Escalate cases to the engineering team when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team’s expertise
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Participate in the on-call rotation with other Technical Support Engineers
- Actively participate in the Hadoop community to assist with generic support issues
- Learn as much about Hadoop as you can!
- 2-8 years of enterprise software support experience
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
- Support/troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Networking, Hadoop core, HBase, HIVE
o Linux and or Unix environments
o Scripting at the command line level for Linux
o Enterprise storage, databases or high-end server solutions
o Virtualized environments such as ESX, Xen, KVM, or AWS and EC2
o NAS and/or SAN
- Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source
- Distributed file system exp
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Enthusiastic about Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances.
- Grace under pressure - must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- High energy, high integrity, modest demeanor with customers a must
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Instacart, Newport Beach, CA
Premier Support Engineer (New York)
Hortonworks, Greater NYC Metro Area
Sales Support Greeter (part-time) - Seasonal
Peloton, Oak Brook, IL
Finance Associate | Cebu
Lalamove, Manila, Philippines
Customer Care Agent w/ English (weekend nightshift)
Sleep Specialist (Store Associate) - Long Island, Walt Whitman
Casper, Long Island, NY