Title: Sr. Consultant
Location: London, UK
Opening Date: 13/09/18
Closing Date: 11/10/18
Hortonworks is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant/Developer to join our team. This key role responsibility is to work directly with our customers and partners for designing and deploying Hortonworks Hadoop platform.
- Hands on experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex software solutions in the Hadoop space
- Strong understanding of algorithms, software engineering and design pattern
- Ability to build large-scale high-performance Hadoop systems
- Participate in the pre- and post- sales process, helping both the sales and product teams to interpret customers" requirements
- Work directly with prospective customers" technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Work closely with Hortonworks" teams at all levels to ensure rapid response to customer questions and project blockers
- Assist in POCs and pilot projects with customers to successful completion
- Write and produce high quality project deliverables, technical documentation, knowledgebase articles
- Extensive travel
- Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- Experience in designing and deploying 3 tier architectures or large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Java product development experience
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment
- Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source, the Linux kernel and kernel modules
- Experience with integrating various solutions such as LDAP, or system / installation management tools into the overall solution
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations Python, Perl, or other scripting language required
- Familiarity with the Java ecosystem and enterprise offerings, including debugging and profiling tools (jconsole), logging and monitoring tools (log4j, JMX), and security offerings (Kerberos/SPNEGO).
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP Solid background in Database administration or design - Oracle RAC a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.