R&D - Core | Santa Clara, CA - HQ
Hortonworks is looking for a experienced and passionate senior engineer with strong distributed systems expertise to join the Hortonworks’ Hive/Tez engineering team.
- Involved in architecture, design, development, and implementation of key elements of Apache Hive and Apache Tez and its usage by other ecosystem projects such as Apache Hive and Apache Pig.
- Collaborate with and contribute to the Apache Tez and Apache Hive communities - all the work that we do is 100% open source
- Hands on development and strong for the Apache Tez and Apache Hive projects
- Work in collaboration with team members to deliver high-quality software at a fast pace
- Strong computer science fundamentals. Passionate about programming.
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development with strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem components, SQL engines or BI analytics.
- Good knowledge of system architecture, including process, memory, storage and networking management is highly desired
- Experience with the following: Java, concurrent programming, test driven development, and related areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.