Hortonworks is looking for a Principal Engineer with strong distributed systems expertise to join the Data Science Platform team. We are charged with developing a high performance and easy to use platform built using Apache Spark, Livy, Zeppelin and other open source projects, and running across on-premise, cloud and hybrid scenarios.
- Perform detailed performance characterizations of SQL, streaming and machine learning applications on Spark, on-premise and in the cloud
- Drive the product roadmap by identifying performance improvements based on repeatable measurements
- Deep knowledge and experience with Apache Spark + Hadoop Ecosystem
- Contribute in developing an Application Performance Management system for distributed Big Data applications
- Speak and evangelize in conferences and blogs about Big Data performance management
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Strong and proven performance investigation, benchmarking and debugging experience,
- Working knowledge of big data performance benchmarking, measurement and analysis
- 10+ years of hands-on software design, implementation and test experience with strong understanding of distributed & large-scale systems
- Demonstrable and strong experience in JVM internals, performance measurement and monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Spark or other big data platforms
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Growth Engineer
Amplitude, San Francisco
Staff Software Engineer, Front End - Web App
Box, Redwood City, CA
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Anti Evil)
Reddit, San Francisco
Full Stack Developer, Manufacturing Information Systems - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia