We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
Hostmaker Global Operations team is the brains behind all of our on the ground operations that provide a five-star experience for our guests. From coordinating our housekeeping and driver services, leasing with external suppliers, to providing accessibility to the home, the day to day operations are the crucial element of our business. The Manager for Global Operations will lead initiatives across our markets to optimise, innovate and streamline our services while maintaining the highest quality our hosts and guests love us for.
- Lead global initiatives to drive operational excellence with data and insights
- Identifying business risks, tactical fixes and improvement opportunities as the business scales
- Develop complex analytical models and reporting systems
- Define, implement and optimise local operational processes and procedures
- Drive labour efficiencies and ensure budget is managed in line with budgets
- Support business expansion by setting up processes and developing relationships with local service providers in new markets
- Closely collaborate with Product and teams across the business to develop and execute key initiatives
- Furnish plans and updates regarding operational performance to the company, including frequent interactions with the executive team
What can you bring?
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in an operational management or management role
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance or other analytical subjects
- Have a data-driven analytical mindset (great Excel or SQL skills)
- Amazing negotiation and communication skills
- Be a hustler, not stopping after 20 obstacles a day
- Be passionate about new technologies and hospitality
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience in sharing economy, tech business, startup or dynamic high-growth company
- Experience in product launches or running a business
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believes in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
We are the most experienced short-let property management company As hospitality experts and Airbnb hosts ourselves, we know the industry like the back of our hands. With local market expertise and custom-built pricing tools, we work to earn you up to 30% higher yields, compared to competing listings. Our dedicated team carries out guest vetting and identity checks, home checks after every clean, and prompt property management while your home is in our care. We go the extra mile, welcoming guests to your home in person, providing welcome packs with complimentary amenities, and responding to any guest communication in record time. We invest heavily to ensure that we have the latest and greatest technology to help us stay on top of our game, and help you have direct insights on your property and earnings.