We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
For a company of this size, we have an very wide variety of software, with a wide variety of users. For example:
- A marketing website focused on property owners
- A dashboard for our property owners to understand how we are looking after their properties and making them money
- A booking platform where you can book cleaning services, or someone to meet your guests
- A mobile app that our housekeepers, drivers and welcome wizards use
- A tool to price all of our properties, and list across multiple booking sites (airbnb, booking.com, homeaway etc), used by our team of pricing experts
- A tool to algorithmically optimise the schedule of our field staff, so that they can move around the city in the most efficient way, used by our operations team
- Backend systems to manage all of our bookings, properties, guests etc from the office
... and even more are planned.
And each one of them needs to work equally well in Paris, Barcelona, Rome, London and now Lisbon.
It's a very friendly company, and you'll get the support you need, but we're looking for someone who can be trusted to work independently and to take the lead. You can go around the business, working out problems and building solutions. At the same time, you must be humble enough to take feedback and adjust your designs appropriately.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
- Review functional requirements and user stories; work with product managers and users to make more specific.
- Design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications.
- Submit and verify defects, keep track of test results to assist in debugging and modification of all technology products
- Analyse test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommend corrective action upon failures.
What can you bring?
- Ideally, 2-4 years of experience within QA function
- Passion for the Airbnb experience & hospitality
- Experience in Exploratory/Manual Testing - Defining Use-Cases
- Implemented Cross Browser Testing Strategy
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with SQL
- Testing of API - via Postman or similar tools
- Releasing tested functionality
- Be a self-starter that is curious and loves solving problems!
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believes in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
We are the most experienced short-let property management company As hospitality experts and Airbnb hosts ourselves, we know the industry like the back of our hands. With local market expertise and custom-built pricing tools, we work to earn you up to 30% higher yields, compared to competing listings. Our dedicated team carries out guest vetting and identity checks, home checks after every clean, and prompt property management while your home is in our care. We go the extra mile, welcoming guests to your home in person, providing welcome packs with complimentary amenities, and responding to any guest communication in record time. We invest heavily to ensure that we have the latest and greatest technology to help us stay on top of our game, and help you have direct insights on your property and earnings.
Want to learn more about Hostmaker? Visit Hostmaker's website.
Help the world share their story