Senior React-Native Mobile Engineer (Full-time, Freelancer)
See jobs at Hostmaker
We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we've come in at #16 on Deloitte's UK Tech Fast50 2019 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
You will be based in our tech hub in Vilnius together with our incredibly talented team of engineers where employees drive culture, have a ton of fun, and learn from each other every day. You will collaborate with our diverse team daily, share ideas, and work towards one goal. Here in Hostmaker, we like to challenge ourselves and others, initiate changes, and grow both professionally and personally.
Check out what life is like as a member of the flock here!
What will you be doing?
The product you'd be working on powers all of our operations across our eight main cities. You'll be building a tool that will be used by thousands of people daily to plan their working days, maintain our beautiful homes and greet our guests.
You'd also be instrumental in building a new iteration of our app on the latest React Native stack, using Kotlin and Swift and working with technologies such as NFC, payments and ID scanning.
There will be opportunities to work directly with other engineers, UI/UX designers, QAs and the Product team on your squad.
What can you bring?
- 4+ years' on-the-job experience
- Strong experience of either iOS or Android development, either fully native or using a framework such as React Native / Ionic / Flutter.
- You've worked with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial, and loved them
- Experience working in distributed/remote teams
- Direct experience building and publishing React Native apps would be a bonus.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines would be a bonus.
- Experience in API development using Express.js backed by SQL database would be a bonus.
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- 33 days of paid holiday per annum
- Quarterly global tech team meet ups at Hostmaker HQ - expect hackathons and game nights!
- We employ as full-time freelancers
- Salary range from £30,000 - £55,000 per annum.
We are the most experienced short-let property management company As hospitality experts and Airbnb hosts ourselves, we know the industry like the back of our hands. With local market expertise and custom-built pricing tools, we work to earn you up to 30% higher yields, compared to competing listings. Our dedicated team carries out guest vetting and identity checks, home checks after every clean, and prompt property management while your home is in our care. We go the extra mile, welcoming guests to your home in person, providing welcome packs with complimentary amenities, and responding to any guest communication in record time. We invest heavily to ensure that we have the latest and greatest technology to help us stay on top of our game, and help you have direct insights on your property and earnings.