We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
As part of the product team you will define and develop the user-interface, navigation, information architecture and structure of different products (dashboards, mobile apps, software interface, etc). You'll work closely with our product and engineering teams, and your main tasks will be:
- Translating wireframes and flows into user-friendly prototypes and final Hi-Fi designs for mobile, tablet and desktop, as well as iterating designs based on users and stakeholders needs
- Supporting the engineering team with design implementation
- Designing engaging and creative visual solutions aligned with our main brand guidelines for our current products and platforms
- Translating complex data outputs into user-friendly dashboards, applying gamification techniques when needed
- Ensuring design consistency throughout our product suite by defining, creating, and updating the design system
- Building UI components and atomic design modules
Supporting the user experience, designing user journeys, wireframes and flows when required
What will you bring?
- You will have 2/3 years' experience in product design minimum
- You will have advanced proficiency in product user-interface design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma and other design tools
- You will have hands-on experience in typography, colour theory, page layout, accessibility standards and data visualisation
- You will be a wizard in UX methods and techniques (user journeys, wireframes and flows)
- You will be fluent in English (other languages are a bonus!)
- You will be a positive thinker, self-motivated, flexible and cope well under pressure
- You will have stellar communications and presentation skills
- Last, but not least, you will be a team player!
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- 23 days holiday plus Spanish bank holidays.
- Bonus entitlement
- Subsidised Gym membership and discounted outdoor activity packages
We are the most experienced short-let property management company As hospitality experts and Airbnb hosts ourselves, we know the industry like the back of our hands. With local market expertise and custom-built pricing tools, we work to earn you up to 30% higher yields, compared to competing listings. Our dedicated team carries out guest vetting and identity checks, home checks after every clean, and prompt property management while your home is in our care. We go the extra mile, welcoming guests to your home in person, providing welcome packs with complimentary amenities, and responding to any guest communication in record time. We invest heavily to ensure that we have the latest and greatest technology to help us stay on top of our game, and help you have direct insights on your property and earnings.
Want to learn more about Hostmaker? Visit Hostmaker's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.