We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch because we recently closed our Series B funding, backed by a great group of strategic investors who believe in the growth of the new category of travel accommodation - homes - and in our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
Hostmaker is a tech enabled full-service home rentals management company in the proptech category, offering dynamic pricing expertise, thoughtful interior design and hotel-style operations for homes. We raised a Series B round in November 2017 and are backed by institutional funding from credible investors from technology, real estate and hospitality backgrounds.
Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, recognised our industry leadership by selecting Hostmaker as preferred partner for its first foray into serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in April, 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just three years to be the European leader with international teams in offices in major destinations - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon.
Hostmaker was featured by Forbes as one of five fastest-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and ranked #20 and then #11 by StartUps UK in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
Who are you?
As a Business Analyst in Operations, you will work with our internal operation tracking and performance data, finding ways to understand and improve our efficiency and performance of all teams, from pricing to front line operations.
We are looking for:
Bachelor degree on a scientific or numeric field
Previous work experience in SQL. We run all our analytics in this language, so there will be a speedy ramp-up
At least 1-2 years of experience in consulting, operations roles. We are also looking for more senior profiles
Strong on basic stats and probability concepts
In this role you will:
- Work with data sets that are waiting to be organised and analysed.
- Put your slick analytics skills to use, liaising across multiple teams (i.e. Marketing and Customer Acquisition) to understand relevance of metrics across the business and prioritising information requests.
- Implementing and maintaining the analytical toolset; defining and monitoring KPIs; generating internal management reports; and driving the scaling and automation of business processes.
- Update existing dashboards when data structure is changed.
- Give feedback to our tech department on new features necessary for growth and improvement of existing ones.
- Train team members on how to use our data tools more efficiently.
- Build new features and dashboards, and keep learning and improving your skills. And occasionally surprise the team with some cool new finding!
What can you expect?
- You’ll be working in a fast-paced and motivated environment which fosters high speed of execution to see the direct impact of your work!
- Flexibility! Though our technology stack is built on Rails, Node.js, and Ember.js, we’re more concerned with your ability to solve problems, self-motivate and learn new skills than what specific languages and frameworks you know.
- We’re solving exciting problems around pricing homes on Airbnb, scheduling and route optimisation of our frontline operations team around town and communicating seamlessly with them.
- To focus on the bigger picture, not just the dots (or, 1s and 0s). While you should be detail-oriented, you should also have a keen understanding of customer needs and strive to fulfil them at every turn.
- To become part of a close-knit, hard-working team – you’ll need to be able to collaborate with the wider Hostmaker family as well as you can chat code with other devs.
Our Culture and Perks
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Equity depending on the level of position
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounted Airbnb travel, we want our staff to truly understand the Airbnb experience
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Rome and Barcelona so you next holiday is sorted!)
- Competitive salary
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
We are the most experienced short-let property management company As hospitality experts and Airbnb hosts ourselves, we know the industry like the back of our hands. With local market expertise and custom-built pricing tools, we work to earn you up to 30% higher yields, compared to competing listings. Our dedicated team carries out guest vetting and identity checks, home checks after every clean, and prompt property management while your home is in our care. We go the extra mile, welcoming guests to your home in person, providing welcome packs with complimentary amenities, and responding to any guest communication in record time. We invest heavily to ensure that we have the latest and greatest technology to help us stay on top of our game, and help you have direct insights on your property and earnings.
Want to learn more about Hostmaker? Visit Hostmaker's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Photo Editor