Software Development Engineer - Android
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Watch TV Shows, Movies, Live Cricket Matches & News Online
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for Android discipline
- You’ll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale mobile app development across Engineering, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for smartphones and tablets
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing to maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
What to Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. 3-5 years of experience in Android mobile applications development with sound understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger
- Hands-on experience in building mobile applications and mobility solutions – native applications
- Expert in UI components & controls; Action Bars, Widgets, Fragments etc.
- Expert in basic components of Android: Activity, Services, Intent, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML) & cloud technologies - AWS, GAE, GCM
- Broad knowledge of a range of mobility areas such as Enterprise mobility, Mobile applications pertaining to various domains like Retail, VAS, Media, BFSI, Healthcare, Social Networking, E-commerce etc.
- Experience in using analytics, location and social APIs, MDM, payment gateway, SMS gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools
About us Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services in the world. Our sophisticated video streaming technology and attention to detail on user experience across multiple devices makes us the top video destination for TV Shows, Movies, and LIVE Sports. With 85,000 hours of content in 8 languages, 100 Million downloads in a year, and a rapidly exploding watch time, our mission is to revolutionize Internet entertainment and become the largest personalized television service in the world.
Want to learn more about Hotstar? Visit Hotstar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Privacy, Networking & Security Intern - Firefox (Summer 2020)
Mozilla, Berlin, Germany, Mountain View, CA, San Francisco, CA and Toronto, Canada