Director Of Engineering
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Watch TV Shows, Movies, Live Cricket Matches & News Online
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute substantially to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- Proficient with either Java or GoLang
- 7+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reactive programming
- At least 5 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience/Knowledge of Netflix OSS.
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience with AWS stack.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
About us Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services in the world. Our sophisticated video streaming technology and attention to detail on user experience across multiple devices makes us the top video destination for TV Shows, Movies, and LIVE Sports. With 85,000 hours of content in 8 languages, 100 Million downloads in a year, and a rapidly exploding watch time, our mission is to revolutionize Internet entertainment and become the largest personalized television service in the world.
Want to learn more about Hotstar? Visit Hotstar's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, San Francisco, CA / Silicon Valley