We're looking for a senior data analyst in advertising who is comfortable working with multiple languages, frameworks, platforms and excited to participate in cutting-edge applied research in user and ads growth applications. As a senior data analyst, you’ll be responsible for identifying the key factors that drive the user and ads growth and thus performing data analysis to innovate solutions for stakeholders’ decision making. If you’re excited to work with a group of friendly and experienced data analysts to build the data driven solution to drive user and ads growth, this is likely the team for you.
Here are a few of the things that you’ll do:
● Key contributor of continuous improvements in user growth and ads growth.
● Gather, clean, transform data and identify the key factors that drive the user and ads growth.
● Propose solutions/strategies to tech/product/business team to accelerate the user and ads growth.
● Work closely with other research engineers and product teams to identify the data analysis requirements related to Ads, Reco, Social, etc. Design and implement solutions by leveraging Big Data technology.
● Convey the recommendations to the stakeholders by creating reports to facilitate their decision making.
● Build high standard of data analysis and advocate data-driven culture company-wide.
Bachelor degree or above. 3+ years industry experience of data analytics.
Strong mathematics and statistics background. Extensive knowledge and hands-on experiences in statistics, data analysis, big data processing and parallel computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
Logical thinker with strong problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems.
Ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems.
Passion for exploring data insights and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work.
Participated at least 2 team projects and played a lead role to drive the projects with others.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Reasons to be Excited
We're a small unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video at places like Hotstar, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Facebook.
We have an unusually dedicated team whose passion and focus is in media and technology.
The team works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges.
We're located nearby Tsinghua Science Park, the heart of China’s Silicon Valley with all of its great food, just a few minutes walk to Wudaokou or Zhongguancun Subway Station and easy access to the North 4th Ring Road, G6 and G7.
We're big believers in trusting the team to debate and select the right tools for the job. This belief leads to a development team that is excited by and comfortable with building in a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms. Here's a short list of some of the current technology and tools we use to fuel the team.
● Platforms: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
● Clients: iOS, Android, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast
We believe in owning and building our core services and technologies. With that, we recognize that we must be armed with a team that includes both full stack and specialized developers. Here’s a few of the experiences we’re looking for on our dev team:
● Full stack responsive web development.
● Device platforms and hybrid applications development.
● Architect and implement services handling thousands of requests per second.
● Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
● Contribute back to the open source community in meaningful ways.
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services in the world. Our sophisticated video streaming technology and attention to detail on user experience across multiple devices makes us the top video destination for TV Shows, Movies, and LIVE Sports. With 85,000 hours of content in 8 languages, 100 Million downloads in a year, and a rapidly exploding watch time, our mission is to revolutionize Internet entertainment and become the largest personalized television service in the world.