Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
We are striving to create the best video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with the bleeding edge of technology. Our backend team is looking for a solid rockstar engineer who can hack around multiple technologies and build highly scalable, low latency, distributed systems with RESTful services. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust, secure and scalable microservices to power the gaming engine at Hotstar
- You will design and implement low latency caching and storage solutions.
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions.
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle.
What to Bring
- B.Tech/B.E. in Computer Science or related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Python/Golang
- Experience with deployment and operations of python apps on cloud infrastructures
- Thorough understanding of HTTP protocol and its nuances.
- Very good understanding of integrating with external systems in python (i.e. consuming their APIs)
- Experience in different database models - relational, columnar, graph etc.
- Very good understanding of caches and experience with Redis - both development and operational
- Good understanding of asynchronous processing model - message queues, worker processes etc.
- Experience with AWS stack
- Experience with docker and kubernetes an added advantage
- Experience in RPC systems, web sockets and other real-time transports is good to have
- Bias for Action
- Radical Candour
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.