Software Quality Engineer - iOS
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Watch TV Shows, Movies, Live Cricket Matches & News Online
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality test cases
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities based on the sprint plan.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts using open source tools on iOS applications
- Generate/Manage test builds.
- Defect tracking and management.
- Perform regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Communicate with product owners, stakeholders and Engineering managers to identify system requirements.
- Coordinate testing efforts with others.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Setup and maintain test environments
What to Bring
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience testing ecommerce products is a plus
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts.
- Good understanding on the REST APIs and its usage.
- Hands-on in any of programming language like Java, Python etc.
- Good understanding on iOS test build generation & management.
- Should be able to manage with Xcode.
- Good understanding on provisioning profiles & certificates & handling project targets
- Good understanding on the continuous integration flow.
- Good understanding on the use cases related to mobile apps.
- Hands-on experience using appium.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments and Shark, depending on project needs.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- iOS App performance benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
About us Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services in the world. Our sophisticated video streaming technology and attention to detail on user experience across multiple devices makes us the top video destination for TV Shows, Movies, and LIVE Sports. With 85,000 hours of content in 8 languages, 100 Million downloads in a year, and a rapidly exploding watch time, our mission is to revolutionize Internet entertainment and become the largest personalized television service in the world.
Want to learn more about Hotstar? Visit Hotstar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Venmo, Newton, MA
Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Part Time Product Management Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Software Engineer (SF Office)
Nylas, San Francisco
QA Analyst & Tester - Mobile/Web
ProsperWorks, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Atlanta, GA.