Senior Data Analyst
HouseCanary, San Francisco
See jobs at HouseCanary
At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We're seeking a passionate Senior Data Analyst to help continue building the most powerful dataset in real estate.
What you'll do:
- Apply expertise in quantitative and business analysis to reach actionable insights and drive decision making
- Collaborate with engineering, product, sales, and data science teams to identify needs and solve problems
- Ensure the quality of all data flowing into and out of our systems
- Help build the best real estate data and analytics offerings on the market
What you have:
- 4+ years experience in a data analysis role
- Advanced level SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Python
- Exposure to large datasets
- Involvement with production data ingestion and management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and proactive personality
Special consideration given for:
- Knowledge of real estate data and markets
- Internal tool development experience
- Data profiling expertise
- Fantastic sense of humor
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - one platform, infinite insights.
HouseCanary leverages comprehensive data and predictive analytics to help you make more informed real estate decisions. Utilizing more than four decades of data, we establish property values and forecast returns for every state, ZIP Code, block, and home in the US. Insights are delivered via app or API. OUR PEOPLE: We are communicative, collaborative, and passionate about our journey to build world-class products that transform the way decisions are made in a $35 trillion asset class. OUR TECHNOLOGY: We use Python, AWS, Redshift, PostgreSQL, R, Pandas, NumPy, PostGIS, Django, Flask, AngularJS, React, Swift, Ansible, Terraform, DynamoDB, S3, Aurora, Node, Express, Tile38, Lua, Go, CloudSearch, C, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, FreeIPA, Memcached, Fluentd, SQS, SNS, CFEngine, SQLAlchemy, Alembic, and Swift. OUR INVESTORS: Top investors believe in the HouseCanary vision. They include Hillspire (Alphabet Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt's family office), PSP Capital (founded by entrepreneur and former Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker), Bryant Stibel (cofounded by NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant), ECA Ventures (Mark Dyne), Alpha Edison, Raven Ventures, and others.
Want to learn more about HouseCanary? Visit HouseCanary's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one