At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We’re seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help build out the backend data platform powering the most accurate real estate analytics tools in the world.
What you'll do:
- Develop performant and reliable distributed services to address core data platform needs across the company
- Design solutions that handle and expose large datasets with case-appropriate tradeoffs
- Create the APIs that power our products
- Partner with data analysts to implement industry-leading data standardization methodologies
- Architect resilient ETL pipelines to cleanse, standardize, and process data from numerous sources
- Collaborate with talented data scientists to optimize and operationalize their reference implementation predictive models for production.
What you have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- A focus on high-performance architecture and code
- Expertise in Python development
- Experience and interest in working with data
- Deep understanding of several databases that have different strengths
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Comfortable with Linux command line
- Experience with AWS
- A strongly proactive approach to improving systems
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative personality
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Real estate markets
- Geospatial development
- NumPy, Pandas
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - see into the future of real estate.
HouseCanary leverages comprehensive data and predictive analytics to help you make more informed real estate decisions. Utilizing more than four decades of data, we establish property values and forecast returns for every state, ZIP Code, block, and home in the US. Insights are delivered via app or API. OUR PEOPLE: We are communicative, collaborative, and passionate about our journey to build world-class products that transform the way decisions are made in a $35 trillion asset class. OUR TECHNOLOGY: We use Python, AWS, Redshift, PostgreSQL, R, Pandas, NumPy, PostGIS, Django, Flask, AngularJS, React, Swift, Ansible, Terraform, DynamoDB, S3, Aurora, Node, Express, Tile38, Lua, Go, CloudSearch, C, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, FreeIPA, Memcached, Fluentd, SQS, SNS, CFEngine, SQLAlchemy, Alembic, and Swift. OUR INVESTORS: Top investors believe in the HouseCanary vision. They include Hillspire (Alphabet Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt's family office), PSP Capital (founded by entrepreneur and former Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker), Bryant Stibel (cofounded by NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant), ECA Ventures (Mark Dyne), Alpha Edison, Raven Ventures, and others.
Want to learn more about HouseCanary? Visit HouseCanary's website.
Jobs You May Like
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (Payments)
Postmates, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer, Payments
Gusto, San Francisco
Senior Android Developer
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Technical Lead, Build and Release
Box, Redwood City, CA
Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Singapore