We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re hiring for a Software Engineering Team Lead to join one of our cross-functional product teams, where you will be working on new opportunities in the elite volleyball space and on Hudl's volleyball platform, such as Volleymetrics. These products are used by the top US college teams and federations around the world to capture and exchange match content, meaning you and your team will be having a real, tangible daily impact on thousands of end-users, including athletes and coaches, worldwide!
Ideally, you are a self-driven engineer with management experience and a background in full-stack web development, or desktop/mobile app development. You will be leading a diverse team of engineers as they develop, test, and maintain solutions to technical problems and, as an Engineering Manager at Hudl, you will be a working manager that is expected to balance management and individual contributor work to meet your team’s commitments. In terms of stack, it's currently built in Java and Angular, although we will be migrating it C#, Typescript and ReactJS - we definitely don't expect you to be an expert or even have experience with all of this!
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
- Curious. Motivated to explore the unknown because it's the unknown. You don't hesitate to pick up a new language or framework when it's the best tool for the job because you can master it as needed.
- Pragmatic. Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Team-oriented. Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop their skills.
- User-focused. Excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Manage engineers. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, and serving engineers on your team.
- Extend and maintain Hudl’s elite products. You will play a key role in the development and maintenance of Hudl’s products for the elite sports market.
- Deliver great user value. You will work on products that are critical to our elite teams’ analysis flows, likely making the difference between a loss and a win in a game.
- Be a cross-functional member of your team. You will work with other team members to plan, develop, test, and ship the work you do.
- Be an involved team member. You will work collaboratively in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use an unlimited amount of annual leave when you want and how you want.
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Reward you. Bonus and stock options on offer.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- [email protected]
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.
About Us Who We Are Hudl is a leading software company revolutionizing the way coaches and athletes prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Founded by David Graff, Brian Kaiser and John Wirtz in 2006, Hudl now offers the tools to edit and share video, interact with stats, and create quality highlight reels for entertainment and recruiting purposes. The whole experience is available online, giving coaches and athletes secure access at home and on the go. With more than 164,000 active teams and over 4 million unique users, Hudl has become the preferred game film solution for all teams, from the smallest youth organizations to professional franchises in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia
Want to learn more about Hudl? Visit Hudl's website.
The best bed for better sleep