Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way.
To help teams and athletes win, we need a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who will work with a small cross functional team (PM, Engineers, Designer) to build a quality product. Senior QA Engineers are accomplished testers who know how to improve quality outcomes. They have a deep understanding of our users and apply that knowledge to drive quality throughout the product. They will work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and Engineering Leads to develop quality metrics and improvement efforts.
You will work alongside a group of engineers, following Scrum, developing the next generation of our product. We work in a Tribes and Squads model and follow Scrum. You would be working as part of the Business Stack Tribe, where you will help build the tools and workflows that enable Hudl to sell, service, retain, market and understand our customers and operations, at scale.
We are currently using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focuses on the Gherkin language, and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA think like our users, test like our users, write automation, analyse root causes, know the difference between testing and quality and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing with our engineers.
- Technical. You have a minimum of 3 years experience with full stack testing and in-depth knowledge of service and UI layer automation.
- A Leader. You have experience leading quality initiatives and projects. You are a go-to person for product quality.
- A Skilled Investigator. You understand the root cause of problems. You back up your investigation with data and measure the results.
- A Problem Solver. You are detailed oriented and can identify, analyze, and solve challenging problems
- Quality Focused. You understand quality at a big picture. You know how our users define quality and know when that definition changes
- Risk-Averse. You can evaluate and design a testing approach to mitigate risk while ensuring adequate coverage.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create risk-based testing approach and plans.
- Analyze. You will implement new measurements when needed. You use data trends and issue analysis to understand and improve quality.
- Automate. Help align automation with the speed of development. You make informed decisions on what, how, and when to automate.
- Improve. You will constantly push for ways to help us improve code quality and user experience.
- Mitigate Risk. You will control risk through different testing approaches and tools. Your testing approach focuses on prevention compared to reaction.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, analyze trends and deploy high-quality code on a frequent basis that delights our users.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.
About Us Who We Are Hudl is a leading software company revolutionizing the way coaches and athletes prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Founded by David Graff, Brian Kaiser and John Wirtz in 2006, Hudl now offers the tools to edit and share video, interact with stats, and create quality highlight reels for entertainment and recruiting purposes. The whole experience is available online, giving coaches and athletes secure access at home and on the go. With more than 164,000 active teams and over 4 million unique users, Hudl has become the preferred game film solution for all teams, from the smallest youth organizations to professional franchises in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia