Huge is an experience design agency focused on making breakthrough work for our clients across products, places & spaces, and communication. We are seeking a seasoned environmental design leader with 8+ years experience in fixture design in physical spaces to lead the thinking on physical pop ups, permanent retail, and brand activations for our clients. As part of this role, you will work closely with our Experiential Creative Director and technology team to concept and execute dramatic and cutting-edge experiences. We believe magic can happen at the intersection between object, material, light, sound, and capability (often in the form of digital enchantment of a space or thing). We strive to develop unexpected and user-centric experiences that bring to life our clients’ story to make it memorable. This emerging creative role requires you to be nimble, curious and a strong collaborator on a multi-disciplinary team. The right candidate will share Huge’s love of making the impossible happen.
- Lead and execute environmental designs for future-forward physical spaces, retail stores and innovative environments.
- Create compelling 3D renderings and simple animations including appropriate compositions for presentations and design sign off.
- Organize, develop and manage complex and detailed assemblies of fixtures, objects and intricate construction using input and feedback from manufacturing partners and vendors.
- Partner closely with experiential and technology team members to develop more award-winning innovations for our clients.
What we'd like to see:
- 8+ years experience as an environmental designer, with a focus on interior, retail and pop-up experiences.
- An aptitude for creating emotional experiences in a physical environment, including integration of technology, environmental graphic design, and for mixing color and material palettes to deliver on that experience.
- Ability to develop project designs, including floor plans, 3D fixtures, interiors, elevations, and technological components.
- Ability to confidently present your design to clients and respond to any related questions on process and inspiration.
- A keen sense of project flow, helping you identify project challenges and appropriate paths to resolution.
- Experience in all aspects of the interior design process including research, concepting, validation and execution of detailed design drawings and floor plans.
- A strong understanding of a diverse range of materials, manufacturing and fabrication methods.
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design.
- A firm understanding of technology integration and collaborating with tech partners.
- Passion for conceptualizing and designing meaningful product solutions.
- Organized and comfortable leading design teams and client meetings.
- Incredible 2D skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering.
- Equally incredible 3D CAD skills in Sketch Up, V-ray, Autocad, Revit or equivalent interior CAD and rendering programs.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
We grow businesses by creating experiences people love. Today, people embrace companies with the customer experiences that best meet their needs. Huge transforms companies by designing these best-in-class experiences, driven by strong creative and rooted in the technology, data, and organizational strategy required for operational excellence. We combine these capabilities into a single solution, creating unified brand experiences that change industries and foster meaningful relationships with users. This user-centric approach has made us the fastest-growing agency of the past decade.