Huge is looking for a Technical Lead to join our Chicago team as a master problem solver, responsible for executing and organizing the development of large-scale tech engagements. As a Tech Lead you make technologies work together and are essential to the success of projects.
The Technical Lead is also responsible for the guidance of development as well as obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the technical architecture. They must be able to understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
Basically, we're looking for a principal level hacker. If you're into strong development practices, have a fervor for solving problems, and a zeal to grow, you'll be an excellent addition to our team.
- Perform technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and platform analysis
- Generate convincing and substantiated technology and architecture recommendations
- Develop and maintain software requirements specification and architecture documents
- Serve as the primary day-to-day technical contact for Clients, third-party vendors, technology partners and internal project stakeholders
- Collaborates with Technology Directors to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Serve as the lead for all implementation, customization, and integration efforts
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Define and document all tools and technologies used to implement the solution
- Work with vendor services to provide elements related to technology selection and implementation
- Perform problem analysis (identify root causes, outline resolution options, and take appropriate actions to resolve problems)
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations to all levels of a client’s organization
- Evaluate vendor documentation and technical requirements to accurately estimate time and cost of identified options in order to make recommendations on approach from the business perspective
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prototyping experience to creatively engineer features and solutions, while also being able to consult on the right tools for the product.
- Wide berth knowledge and applicability of Node.js
- A grasp of front-end with React, HTML and CSS.
- Back-end experience with MongoDB, Express, Socket.IO, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Native iOS nad/or Android experience.
- IoT experience with hardware like Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Development practices to take products from ideation into production:
- GitFlow - Stash
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) - Jenkins, etc.
- Feature, warranty/maintenance, and hotfix prioritization.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
We grow businesses by creating experiences people love. Today, people embrace companies with the customer experiences that best meet their needs. Huge transforms companies by designing these best-in-class experiences, driven by strong creative and rooted in the technology, data, and organizational strategy required for operational excellence. We combine these capabilities into a single solution, creating unified brand experiences that change industries and foster meaningful relationships with users. This user-centric approach has made us the fastest-growing agency of the past decade.
Want to learn more about Huge? Visit Huge's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Network Security and Engineering
Rapid7, Boston, MA
Staff Software Engineer, Application Platform
Quantcast, San Francisco
Senior Test Automation Engineer (iOS)
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Principal Software Engineer
Acquia, Toronto, CAN
Software Engineer, Data
Senior Software Engineer
Index Exchange, Montreal