Engineering Project Lead - Transportation Planning
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
- Execute on day-to-day delivery of ongoing project studies, manage engineering consultants, and coordinate input from VHO engineering and commercial teams.
- Lead multi-disciplinary workstreams (technical, business, marketing) to drive progress and ensure alignment with VHO engineering and commercial objectives.
- Ensure overall quality, cost and schedule of project studies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with project sponsors / customers, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Form strategic partnerships with engineering firms to jointly submit project proposals and responses to government inquiries.
- Monitor open government inquiries and RFPs and manage strategic pursuits in the US and EU.
- Travel within North America and Europe on an as-needed basis, primarily for government meetings and outreach events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic leader.
- Strategically-minded thinker with strong decision-making skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, external consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under limited direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to consistently meet the required quality standards and agreed deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Highly self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges.
- BS in Civil, Structural or Transportation Engineering.
- Manager-level experience in the development and execution of large (greater than $500 Million contract value) transportation infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in both technical and commercial aspects of pre-procurement project delivery, including feasibility and EIA/EIS studies.
- Well-versed in domestic and international transportation design codes and regulatory standards, including AASHTO, FHWA, FRA and Eurocode.
- Strong understanding of construction industry, including procurement methods, contract risk allocation, and project cost and schedule drivers.
- Demonstrated experience with non-traditional project delivery methodologies, including public-private partnerships.
- PE and/or PMP preferred.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.