The Software Engineer will work to design and implement the operational services required to run a hyperloop. The role is integral in delivering a ground-breaking operational control system that will give Hyperloop passengers the fast, safe, direct-to-destination service they aspire to, while dealing with real-world events that would otherwise disrupt the service. They will integrate with architects, systems, embedded, DevOps, and data engineers to deliver the software that will make VHO’s hyperloop operational software a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop a resilient and performant software platform for operating hyperloops and hyperloop networks
- Develop software platform services according to architectural specifications and frameworks
- Develop software from requirements-driven designs and models
- Design, implement, and the support services of core hyperloop transit functions
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime
- Champion the development and use of reusable software components
- Expert-level skills in software development
- Proven experience implementing re-usable software components, frameworks, and libraries
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with software development in one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Experience developing two or more from the following: web application development, backend services, distributed service and service mesh architectures, database schema designs, data streaming platforms, transaction processing systems, data visualization and analytics, authentication platforms
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience.
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years of industry experience building and maintaining software applications and services
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST-based interfaces
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with containerization technologies
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.
Want to learn more about Hyperloop One? Visit Hyperloop One's website.
Jobs You May Like
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps) (m/f/d)
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Web Backend API Engineer
Treasure Data, Vancouver, BC
Upthere, Redwood City, CA
Lead Engine/Pipeline Programmer
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio