Manager of Battery Management Systems
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
The Power Electronics and Battery division is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, building, and testing the electrical power components in the Hyperloop system. These components include variable frequency drives for propulsion and levitation, energy storage systems, power distribution systems, and the associated control hardware and control algorithms. We are seeking candidates to lead the high voltage battery systems development at our Los Angeles facility for one of the most challenging transportation applications on Earth.
- Lead battery management system (BMS) architecture and requirements development. Ensure BMS requirements satisfy upper-level system functional, performance, and safety requirements.
- Lead BMS control algorithms development and BMS electronics design.
- Lead BMS failure mode effect analysis and develop safety risks mitigation strategies.
- Develop BMS control software and electronics design verification plans, including specifying BMS HIL test beds
- Develop BMS development plan, milestones, budgets, and schedules.
- Support BMS integration with battery packs, and integration with vehicle motion and navigation control
- Build and maintain technical competency in the BMS engineering team. Provide technical guidance and leadership
- A strategist and a tactician: you can quickly establish trust with leaders and bring insightful communication counsel; you can map out comprehensive communication strategies and then roll your sleeves up to execute.
- Team oriented: you’re a flexible collaborator who makes it safe for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives; you desire to truly understand your teammates goals and needs.
- You demonstrate deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs; you wield the editorial scalpel judiciously, leaving texts healthier than you found them.
- Experience with battery management system (BMS) development and verification for large battery pack (>50 kWh)
- Strong knowledge of embedded control software development process and documentation for safety critical functions
- Experience with model-based control software development using MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with embedded C development
- Experience with hardware-in-loop real-time simulation systems
- Strong managerial, planning, and communication skills. Experience of leading a team
- 5+ years experience in large, high-voltage battery packs (> 50 kWh) development, from concept to market
- Experience with battery packs thermal runaway and safety hazard mitigation verification tests
- Strong battery cell electrochemistry knowledge
- Strong battery system safety standards and compliance testing knowledge
- Familiar with electrical circuit / control simulation software, such as Matlab/Simulink
- Familiar with battery thermal models and analysis tools, such as Ansys Fluent
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.