Lead Battery Management System Engineer
Virgin Hyperloop, Los Angeles
We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- Develop mission and safety-critical BMS embedded control functions such as battery state estimation, fault detection, balancing control, temperature control, and charging control, using model-based control development
- Develop and integrate battery component-level models into system-level to achieve high fidelity simulation
- Perform BMS functional unit tests and integration tests at various levels. Perform BMS function verification following EN 50128 standard
- Develop BMS hardware systems (including working with internal and external parties to complete BMS) as well as sensor selection and PCBs
- Perform FMEA for BMS hardware and software, include safety critical features
- Support test and development team on HIL test system definition and vendor discussion
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or another related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design and development of battery management system algorithms and software
- Experience with model-based control development using MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with creating test benches to perform unit testing and documentation of embedded control functions
- Experience with programming embedded systems
- Experience with hardware-in-loop real-time simulation systems
- Hands-on experience with battery systems control and charge/discharge operations
- Master's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Familiar with safety critical software development standards, such as EN 50128
- Experience with large battery pack (> 50 kWh) battery management system development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Familiar with requirements analysis and development
- Familiar with failure and hazard analysis
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
About Virgin Hyperloop
Time is precious. We’re dedicating ours to this purpose. We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
Working at Virgin Hyperloop means collaborating with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people we have ever met. We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – in years not decades. We understand that time away from work can spark out of the box solutions, and we support families with flexible work schedules and paid family leave. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up environment, then we encourage you to apply.
Want to learn more about Virgin Hyperloop? Visit Virgin Hyperloop's website.
The best bed for better sleep