Director of Test Engineering
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
The Director of Test Engineering is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the Hyperloop-One Testing Process company wide. This individual is required to manage internal and external expectations as they relate to Testing Operations, Staffing, Fiscal planning, Test planning Test execution and Reporting. They are also responsible for establishing a culture of open collaboration and communication between Hyperloop-one divisions and locations.
The Director of Test Engineering will:
- Provide effective leadership and manage employee and organizational expectations
- Develop and execute comprehensive High Level Test Plans, Validation Strategies and generate Final Reports
- Manage, review and provide guidance on lower level Test Plans, Validation Strategies and the generation of Final Reports.
- Develop short and long term test programs for component, system and test facility validation
- Develop a team of world class Test Engineers to support current and future program requirements
- Develop Fiscal Budget plans and provide monthly updates on spend, budgetary adjustments and justifications for new capital requirements
- Work with the Product Team Leads to develop a comprehensive test planning process, establish procedures and coordinate projects.
- Establish and maintain a safe, collaborative and team oriented work environment
- Provide effective project planning guidance to team members and ensure plans and intentions are clearly communicated
- Coordinate and work closely with Testing Facilities Managers, Design and Development Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant Engineering Discipline and/or 15 years of experience with a focus in Testing Operations
- Strong understanding of test platform technology, methodologies, test processes and reporting
- Strong management skills with 10 years of managing multi-disciplined high performing teams
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills and technical writing skills
- Budget Planning and reporting
- 5+ years managing Test Engineering Focused Teams
- Understanding of regulatory qualification and reporting requirements
- Project Management experience utilizing Microsoft Project or similar software platform
- Track record of working and collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines and facilities
- Experience managing teams at multiple sites.
- Experience with large scale systems testing, i.e. automotive, aerospace etc
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.
Want to learn more about Hyperloop One? Visit Hyperloop One's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Seattle, WA
Hardware Engineer Avionics
Senior Growth Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco
Senior Web Backend Engineer
App Annie, Beijing
Foursquare, New York
Senior Director, Vector Process Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA