Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
The Electromagnetic Systems division is responsible for the design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion Motor, Levitation, and Guidance Systems. These systems are all electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Controls and Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling. We are seeking candidates with broad skill sets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Leading group of mechanical design engineers in designing components and systems for various Propulsion, Levitation, and Guidance related sub-systems including the propulsion motor, levitation engines, and mechanical support structures and interfaces with other major systems
- Checking analysis of preliminary and detail designs with the use of hand calculations and FEA
- Checking the models and prints of the propulsion and levitation systems components in Unigraphicx NX
- Working with internal teams and external vendors to ensure timely completion of functional hardware
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, MS preferred
- Utilizing engineering principles to design complex systems
- Non-linear material properties
- Material and structural testing
- Identifying and utilizing applicable industry safety standards
- Significant experience detailed design of complex system that require complex tolerancing to ensure fit and assembly
- Proficient in GD&T
- Proficiency in Siemens Unigraphics NX 6 or higher
- Hands on experience in one or more of the following:
- Mechanical design of electric motors
- Mechanical design of electro-mechanical systems
- Manufacturing and fabrication methods
- Experience developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management experience
- Team player
- Knowledge of vibrations is a plus
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.
We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.
Want to learn more about Hyperloop One? Visit Hyperloop One's website.
Jobs You May Like
SQL Server DBA
Senior Component Engineer (Mechanical)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Development Engineer in Test
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Software Engineer - DevOps/Infrastructure
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Senior Big Data Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
Solutions Engineer (German)
Slack, Dublin, Ireland