Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Embedded
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Embedded will be part of the Control System team as part of the Product Development Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units for the control systems of hyperloop - for safety-critical, real-time and other uses. Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Embedded will contribute to the overall embedded control solution by specifying, designing, and maintaining the embedded controller and other embedded hardware.We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Hands on work bringing up and supporting embedded platforms for Control Systems and other teams, with a focus on circuit design and PCB layout
- Experience with full design cycle of development of new embedded hardware including: requirements, schematic design, layout, managing fabrication process, and testing
- Comfortable with design and verification of PCB schematics including microcontroller/FPGA, signal conditioning, power supply, and analog/digital control circuitry
- Comfortable designing and verifying PCB layout design and manufacturing drawings
- Specify PCB components to meet performance and industrial/avionic environment requirements: wide temperature range, low pressure, high vibration, etc
- Digest system requirements and develop board specific design requirements and guidelines
- Work closely with and manage vendors as needed for board design through manufacturing
- Work with other teams to ensure design compatibility
- Conduct or work with electrical technicians to build and test circuit prototypes,
- Perform and/or manage rework of board designs, as appropriate
- Understand electrical system design and integration practices
- Familiarity and experience working within a standard such as EN50155 and associated standards
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design concerns
- Circuit/Network Analysis
- Support embedded architecture design
- 4+ years of hand on experience with designing and developing embedded hardware including microcontroller/FPGAs, high speed digital signals, analog circuitry; with strong emphasis on full design cycle of new hardware (not incremental updates to existing projects/hardware)
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition system, e.g., Labview
- Experience with designs around functionally safe standards
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.