- We are seeking a Procurement Director to provide strategic leadership, superior customer service, supply chain direction, project leadership and operational support in global strategic sourcing, inventory management, product replenishment, budgeting, forecasting and continuous improvement.
- The Director of Procurement is responsible for developing and implementing company policy, providing expect advice on all purchasing and contracting decision, negotiating large purchases, and responding to any claims regarding contract law violation.
- The Director of Procurement will plan, execute and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for spend across the organization for both direct and indirect commodities. This includes procurement of raw materials, component parts, equipment, supplies and services.
- This position requires strong leadership, communication, negotiating and multitasking skills with a strong collaborative and customer service focus.
- Extensive experience in technical sourcing, speaks the language of engineers, and understands how to marshal internal and external resources in support of project objectives.
- Provides leadership to the procurement team including performance reviews, coaching, and development.
- Hyperloop shares many features and technical systems with existing transport industries: aerospace, automotive, rail, etc. The procurement director should have a strong understanding of how procurement operates in these industries.
- Understand R&D/NPI environments and understand how to transition development sourcing efforts to full-scale production procurement with a global supply base.
- Must interface with department managers to plan and prioritize procurement activities based on company objectives.
- Manage the procurement team and ensure employees practice proper methods of conducting negotiations and analyzing results relating to purchase orders, goods and service agreements, tendering and contract development.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
- Address rejections, dispositions and adjustments of purchased goods or materials not meeting required specifications.
- Ensure competitive bidding and contract development activities are conducted in an ethical and legal manner.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs that support supplier performance improvements, which include improvements in quality, delivery, service, product standardization and customer support.
- Design and implement procurement processes, and systems for efficiency, scale, flexibility and risk management.
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control.
- Be committed to continuous improvement by identifying and leading process improvement opportunities for purchasing, contract management, supplier selection and sourcing by partnering with key business stakeholders.
- Can expect 10-20% travel, both domestic and international and occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Extensive experience leading multi-commodity procurement operations.
- Strong understanding of related supply chain topics, such as: demand forecasting, inventory management, global logistics, etc.
- Wide array of engineering and manufacturing knowledge with a strong associated supplier network.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering product drawings
- Experience in sourcing from machine shops, process vendors and industrial suppliers.
- Familiarity with quality standards (i.e. ISO, AS).
- Experience in implementing operational improvements through automation and process redesign.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong and effective negotiation skills.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- Strong budgeting, inventory, and cost-management skills.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing and logistics.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, and agility.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or other related field.
- Exceptional understanding of how to read blueprints/drawings, interpret specifications and review statements of work.
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.).
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical documents and estimate costs, estimate lead times, and identify the best value supplier.
- Proven experience in supporting critical new product introduction activities for highly technical products.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM.
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment.
- Experience with financial control systems or cost accounting structures.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.