Senior System Safety Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
BE ANYWHERE. MOVE ANYTHING. CONNECT EVERYONE.
The Senior System Safety Engineer is responsible for performance of risk analyses and hazard analyses for integrated systems, as directed by the System Safety Assurance Manager/Director of Safety & Mission Assurance. The Senior System Safety Engineer will contribute to the development of safety cases and validation reports relating to system safety.
The Senior System Safety Engineer must be a self-starter and able to work independently; Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position.
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Participate in teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- To co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Log.
- Share information and promote open dialogue.
- Proven experience in system safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per IEEE 1483:2000, MIL STD 882E and/or CENELEC 50126, 50128, and 50129.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively.
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals.
- MS and/or PhD in an engineering discipline or a related field.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Hyperloop One
THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING Hyperloop One is reinventing transportation to eliminate barriers of time and distance by using Hyperloop transport to move cargo and passengers immediately, safely, efficiently, and sustainably. We are growing a world class team to solve and execute every aspect of this bold vision.
Want to learn more about Hyperloop One? Visit Hyperloop One's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Business Analyst
Head of Flight Test and Operations
A³ by Airbus Group, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US
QA Engineer (Senior)
Lastline, SF Bay Area, Santa Barbara
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Operations (AWS/Kubernetes)
PhD SWE Intern, Prediction (Fall 2019)
Lyft, Palo Alto