Software Engineer - Backend
HyperScience, Toronto, Canada
Work smarter, not harder.
As a Backend Engineer you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers, including Machine Learning, Front-End/Full Stack, DevOps, and QA
- Leverage your knowledge to design, build, and deliver scalable and resilient softwareCreatively solve functional problems with the Product team even when the initial answer is not fully defined
- Creatively solve technical challenges in the face of competing tradeoffs
- Design easy-to-use interfaces that will be leveraged by other developers, including APIs for 3rd-party developers
- Ensure product quality and code quality by writing automated tests and performing thorough code reviews and design reviews
Qualifications / experience required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience solving backend software engineering challenges
- Experience in building enterprise-grade systems and scalable distributed systems
- Strong ability to reason about engineering approaches to a challenge
- Strong software design experience
- Comfortable learning and implementing new technologies
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions
- Track record of shipping high-quality code
- Experience in an Agile and DevOps environment
What You Will Achieve:
- Within your first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions to one of our products.
- You will get to know our ML domain, codebase, and practical applications.
- Within your first quarter and beyond:
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API designs and more.
Our Mission is to automate low-, medium-, and high-skill office work in order to help our customers do their jobs better, faster, and cheaper. Our Approach is to build products that are drop-in replacements for existing manual business processes. There are no lengthy integration periods and no steep learning curves. Customers do not need to change anything about how they operate, or understand anything about artificial intelligence in order to benefit from our suite of work automation products.
Want to learn more about HyperScience? Visit HyperScience's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.