Senior Software Engineer - Backend
HyperScience, London, England
Work smarter, not harder.
As a Senior Backend Engineer You Will Be:
- Wrapping ML modules in reusable application components, which can be integrated in different configurations depending on the specific customer’s needs.
- Leveraging your systems knowledge to deliver fast and scalable software, starting from the design of the system through development and extension.
- Designing easy-to-use programmer interfaces and tools that will be leveraged by other developers, including APIs for our clients' developers.
- Creatively solving problems even when the initial answer is unclear.
- Helping improve our code quality by writing unit tests and performing thorough code reviews.
- Assessing where the optimization efforts should go in order to utilize better the ML components and know-how of the company.
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience solving backend software engineering problems.
- Experience in building web-scale and/or enterprise-grade systems in different environments.
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem.
- Experience with Python / Django is preferred, but experience with any mainstream language and framework is required.
- Experience with distributed systems is a huge plus.
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions is required.
- Strong background in data science and mathematics is a plus.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
What You Will Achieve:
- Within your first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions to one of our products.
- You will get to know our ML domain, codebase, and practical applications.
- Within your first quarter and beyond:
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API designs and more.
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care and education stipend
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
Our Mission is to automate low-, medium-, and high-skill office work in order to help our customers do their jobs better, faster, and cheaper. Our Approach is to build products that are drop-in replacements for existing manual business processes. There are no lengthy integration periods and no steep learning curves. Customers do not need to change anything about how they operate, or understand anything about artificial intelligence in order to benefit from our suite of work automation products.
Want to learn more about HyperScience? Visit HyperScience's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Enjoy, Palo Alto, CA