Here’s how we work:
IBI Group’s Transit Data practice is hiring a Systems Engineer to join their team. This position would ideally be based in IBI Group’s Pompano Beach office.
IBI Group's Transit Data practice focuses on helping transit agencies manage their data, provide high-quality real-time information to passengers, and analyze service quality and measure performance. The Transit Data practice also has a special emphasis on open data, and open data standards like GTFS/GTFS-real-time.
The Transit Data team has been working closely with many agencies to plan for, design, procure, implement, and test their passenger information and analytics systems. This includes experience with Everett Community Transit, Vancouver TransLink, Denver RTD, Boston MBTA, Los Angeles Metro, amongst others.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Assist with the design, support and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) software applications.
- Utilize software engineering skills working with a team of developers and engineers to design and implement leading integrated applications.
- Provide systems support and troubleshooting for niche software solutions used by transit agencies for passenger information and data analytics.
- Experience with all aspects of software engineering / development life-cycle.
- Learn the business processes and usage patterns of the software being developed and maintained.
- Create and revise technical documentation.
You'll need to have:
- Currently (already) eligible to work in Florida (US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent/similar.
- 2 years’ experience testing and deploying software.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- An aptitude to learn and take on new challenges.
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-motivated, self-starter.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.
Want to learn more about IBI Group? Visit IBI Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
PEAK6, Irvine, CA