Here's how we work:
We are looking for a design-oriented Intermediate Architect / Architectural Designer for our Seattle Transit Facilities group who is well-versed in delivering projects from start to finish.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Work with the Associate and/or Director in charge
- Initiate and create architectural designs from concept through to construction
- Develop presentations
- Develop and manage production of contract documents
- Develop and coordinate details, drawings and specifications
- Integrate and coordinate with other disciplines
- Supervise, mentor and review the work of junior staff
- Participate in construction assistance reviewing submittals and RFIs, and in field observation
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Architecture and ability to be licensed in the State of WA;
- 5 to 7 years minimum experience in an architectural firm
- Demonstrated proficiency through all phases of project development
- Proficiency with Revit and BIM software, 3D Rendering, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Competent knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Desire to grow, mentor, and inspire a team
- Experience in transit station design will be considered an asset but not required
- Experience on large, multidisciplinary teams will be considered an asset
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates comradery.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 20MB.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.