Here's how we work:
IBI Group, Seattle is looking for a dynamic and creative Project Designer to join it's growing Mixed-Use Studio (we will also consider applications for our Portland office).
Our team offers a holistic approach towards creating innovative and responsive solutions through integrated services in Urban Design, Building Facilities, Transportation Networks, and Systems Technology. Our work as an organization is diverse and includes mixed-use, high-rise, hospitality, K-14 education, healthcare, laboratories, municipal buildings, justice, maintenance and operations, port facilities, and historic architecture.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will allow you to join a highly creative and collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence? Are you looking for an opportunity with excellent growth potential?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define…Discover It!
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Develops Architectural designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Creates and presents design solutions using corporate standards and client's specifications
- Conducts analysis of codes and other regulatory requirements
- Prepares permit submission packages
- Prepares construction drawings and specifications
- Prepares tendering packages
- Assists in Contract Administration onsite including the preparation of paperwork
- Assists with the review of working drawings prepared by in-house staff or outside consultants
- Researches building products for value and efficiency
- Assists in coordinating the design, construction and management of projects, including liaising with clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Assists with the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an architectural firm with a focus on quality design on Revit based projects. Portfolio review a must.
- University degree in Architecture
- Knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven project and team leadership in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- An ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants on a daily basis
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates comradery.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.