IBI Group in Los Angeles is looking to make a strategic addition of a Senior Project Manager to our Civic Practice working on public projects.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Manage multiple project resources from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants
- Lead team on a collection of complex small projects, medium size projects or large projects
- Lead the process to identify and assess potential work opportunities whether it be add-on work or new
- Lead the process to coordinate the opportunity response (example: RFP), prepares proposals, submissions and client presentations
- Coordinate the design, construction and management of projects, including liaising with clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Define and decide objectives related to the project or segment of a large project from a cost, schedule, technical and quality perspective
- Provide project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and presents project status and issues requiring attention by senior management
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and work to streamline and enhance existing procedures
- Coordinate architectural and project design
- Function as the project leader and primary coordinator between multiple disciplines
- Apply knowledge of building codes and zoning bylaws
- Apply understanding of design philosophy of projects
- Prepare and coordinate detailed design and construction documents, review of working drawings prepared by in-house staff or outside consultants
- Resolve technical and design issues within the project scope and escalate as needed to ensure project objectives are met
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews, processes submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Contribute to the delivery of projects to meet client expectations
You'll need to have:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience
- Licensed Architect with current registration in California
- Ability to think strategically and with an equal interest in business and practice issues
- Experience with large complex projects within a large multi-disciplinary practice
- Demonstrate creativity, passion and interest in design and planning
- Experience of the regulatory approval process / building plan check review and permitting
- Knowledge in a range of municipal, city, county, state type projects with experience in other market sectors also an asset
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates camaraderie.
Our office is located downtown, between Hill and Olive on 9th Street and is easily accessible by bike, rail and car. We are walking distance from a number of new restaurants, grocery stores, breweries and coffee shops. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.