Here’s how we work:
IBI Group is looking for an experienced Project Architect or Project Designer to join our Civic team in Los Angeles.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Engage with clients to understand the Project requirements, lead client and consultant meetings, guide the design process with thoughtful insight and best practice knowledge
- Coordinate the design, construction and management of projects, including liaising with clients, statutory authorities, contractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality architecture, fulfilling the design aspirations of the practice and meeting client expectations of projects.
- Demonstrate high professional standards.
- Exhibit leadership qualities by leading elements of major and complex projects while also being able to work on small projects independently both with and without a supporting team.
- Facilitate the management of resources and activities of the team(s).
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, submissions, and presentations.
- Develop and maintain external relationships, in particular with clients, consultants and contractors
- Add value to the business development activities of the department and office.
You'll need to have:
- Completed University Degree in Architecture, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of architectural experience
- Experience and relationships in complex projects; civic experience preferred
- Experience in all aspects of the project is an asset: schematic design, design development, working drawings, contract administration
- Experience with large complex projects within a large, multi-disciplinary practice
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures, permitting processes
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done;
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills;
- Proven ability to balance design creativity with client requirements
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modelling, and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and detail oriented; proven track record of meeting project timelines
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates camaraderie.
Our office is located downtown, between Hill and Olive on 9th Street and is easily accessible by bike, rail and car. We are walking distance from a number of new restaurants, grocery stores, breweries and coffee shops. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.