Here's how we work:
We are a team of Architects, Planners, and Interior Designers focused on designing high-quality, educational spaces that support and promote Next Generation Learning. We are looking for a passionate Educational Architect who wants to make the world a better place by designing educational places that promote equity, opportunity, and excellence.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Contribute to the design and delivery of high quality educational architecture
- Develop and nurture external relationships, in particular with client, consultants and contractors in the public and private Education Sectors
- Co-ordinate the design, construction, and management of projects, including liaising with Clients, Regulatory Authorities, Contractors, Suppliers, and Consultants
- Lead elements of major and complex projects or small projects independently both with and without a supporting team
- Manage resources and activities of the team(s)
- Support the leadership team within the practice
- Contribute to the business development activities of the practice
- Support the preparation of proposals and presentations
You'll need to have:
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience
- Project leadership experience, managing individuals and teams, with high professional standards
- Experience of managing projects or elements of small to medium sized projects, particularly within the Education Sector
- Strong communication skills and be able to work independently alongside our consultants and clients, coordinating and running meetings and design charrettes
- Strong design, technical, and administration skills and understanding
- An awareness of the appropriate regulations and building codes for Washington State
- 3D Visualization experience considered an asset
- Proficient in BIM, preferably Revit, and SketchUp or similar 3-dimensional design tools
- Motivation and ability to be a self-starter
- Well-developed skills in collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking
- A passion for wanting to make the world a better place and making a difference by designing educational places that promote equity, opportunity, and excellence
- A sense of fun and humor
- A full drivers license and be comfortable with occasional travel
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates comradery.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.