Here's how we work:
IBI Group is looking for a dynamic and talented Architect to join our Education Studio. As an organization, our work is diverse and includes elementary and secondary education, healthcare, laboratories, municipal buildings, justice, maintenance and operations, port facilities, and historic architecture.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will allow you to join a highly creative and collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and designing excellence? Are you looking for an opportunity with excellent growth potential?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define…Discover It!
Most of the things you will work on:
- Functions as project leader with a focus on client relationships, managing the project team and coordination with jurisdictional authorities.
- Oversees design, production, and specifications produced by all of the various project teams
- Maintain control over project schedule and budget while supporting the overall design vision
- Develops project staff-hours and planning schedule for all phases of the project
- Manages, develops and mentors assigned team members
- Participate in marketing and business development efforts
You'll need to have:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program, Masters’ degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience working on large-scale projects
- Licensed Architect with current registration in California
- Knowledge of: Civic, Educational (specifically K-12 or Community College, preferred), Healthcare, or Mixed-Use Architecture market sectors is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven project and team leadership in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- An ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants on a daily basis
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
Our San Luis Obispo office is located on the south side of the city, with many restaurants, cafes, and major amenities within walking distance. The office is accessible by bike, car, and public transportation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.