Here's how we work:
We are looking for a design-oriented Senior Architect for our Seattle Transit Facilities group who is well-versed in delivering projects from start to finish.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Work with the Director in charge to lead a team of architects and designers
- Lead, develop and initiate architectural vision through designs
- Develop presentations, progress reports, establishment of design fees, establish resourcing plans and overall lead of projects
- Lead prospective project proposals and business development of the design team
- Interaction with clients, 3rd party, authorities having jurisdiction, contractors and consultants
- Develop and manage the production of the contract documents
- Develop and coordinate all details, drawings and specifications
- Integrate and coordinate with all disciplines as required to complete project tasks
- Supervise and review the work of junior staff and provide input and mentoring as required
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Architecture and licensed in the state of Washington;
- 10 years minimum experience in an architectural firm Creative and collaborative with demonstrated proficiency and passion for designing and detailing
- Demonstrated proficiency through all phases of project development
- Understanding knowledge of BIM and associated software
- Competent knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of preparing and reviewing specifications
- Knowledge of construction administration, contractual negotiations, design fees and construction costs
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team.
- Leader that is proactive, self-starter, detail oriented and ability to inspire a design team
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Experience in transit station design or infrastructure will be considered an asset
- Experience on large, multidisciplinary teams will be considered and asset
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 20MB.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.