Here’s how we work:
The Alexandria Virginia office is hiring a Office Lead for the office. The office has 24 Architects and Interior Designers that work with Public Sector clients in Federal, State and Municipal projects.
As Office Lead:
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Work with the global sector lead to manage and grow the practice.
- Leverage your existing experience and relationships with the global experience of the firm to grow your respective market.
- Develop and maintain key relationships within our internal organization.
- Lead and facilitate cross-sector / discipline / office efforts through collaboration and the development of inter-office relationships
- Develop and grow client relationships primarily in Urban Mixed Use development, high rise residential, hospitality and commercial office sectors in the greater Washington, DC Metro area
- Develop and maintain key contacts in that Building Practice
- Review proposals and participate in client presentations
- Inspire confidence as a subject matter expert in the mixed-use /urban development sector
- Provide high level guidance for complex projects
- Hands-on involvement with project coordination, preparation, and delivery of project documents on an as-needed basis.
- Motivate, mentor, and delegate work to staff
As Practice Lead;
You'll need to have:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program, Masters’ degree is preferred
- Licensed Architect with current registration in Virginia, D.C. and Maryland
- Ability to think strategically and with an equal interest in business and practice issues with 15 years of experience
- Existing relationships in the following private sectors; mixed use residential, commercial, hospitality, and retail
- Experience with large complex projects within a large multi-disciplinary practice
- Strategic thinking leadership skills, with an ability to connect business with practice
- Comprehensive understanding of project coordination and related requirements of all disciplines, under demanding deadlines
- Project experience and familiarity in software programs such as Revit and CAD are required
- Demonstrate creativity, passion and interest in design, design technology and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Team player, detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Some travel is expected
Candidates must prove they can:
- Adapt to changing business environments by organizing and improving the delivery of professional/technical services and products.
- Motivate senior colleagues and staff in the office to work as a team.
- Mentor them on project management, client relations, communications, and multi-disciplinary collaboration.
The office is located in Historic Old Town Alexandria with easy access to the King Street Metro and restaurants and shops. The office has 27 architects, technicians and support staff.
- Flex hours and the ability to work remotely
- Professional due are paid yearly
- Staff participation in professional events
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.