We are currently seeking an Architect/Project Manager to join our Raleigh NC team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with solid technical experience in civic projects, capable of taking responsibility for and leading the generation of design and construction documents including code compliance, documentation and coordination in collaboration with our in-house, multi-discipline engineering teams. The senior architect will lead projects and efforts in small teams of 2-3 members and be responsible for coordination with internal and external engineering disciplines. This is a great career opportunity for someone who wants to develop and define their career within the IBI Group team.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Development of architectural projects from inception through construction
- Development of contract documents and specifications for various project types in Revit
- Respond on technical matters to internal and external customers
- Construction administration and support as required
- Work in a team environment and coordinate with other in-house engineering disciplines
- Travel up to 5%
You'll need to have:
- Degree from an accredited Architectural program
- Architect license preferred
- 8 plus years experience with Civic Municipal/Public sector buildings
- Project Manager for Municipal OMF Work
- Intermediate to proficient skills in Revit
- Experience in code and specification writing
- Industrial and commercial experience a plus
- Desire to be a strong team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to mentor junior staff
- Good written and oral/presentation skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Some travel will be required
Located at 421 Fayetteville street in the heart of downtown Raleigh’s Central Business District on the 16th floor of the landmark One City Plaza Building overlooking downtown and its surrounding areas. The space is newly renovated, modern and convenient to exemplary dining, shopping, arts, architecture, music, festivals, and more. Raleigh is a thriving city that continues to rank as one of the nation’s best places to live and work. The capitol city is an easy 2-hour drive to the Atlantic coastline and a three-hour drive to the Great Smoky Mountains. The office is also located within a short drive to Raleigh-Durham’s International airport (RDU) and three of our nation’s top universities.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability.
About IBI Group
IBI Group is a global team of industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals united by a common desire: to create livable, sustainable, technologically advanced urban environments. We are a technology-driven design firm. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of truly integrated cities. Our collaborative approach focuses on future-forward solutions. We’re bridging the gap between design and technology, unlocking new potential in data-driven environments. We believe in cities built upon intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and the human touch.
Want to learn more about IBI Group? Visit IBI Group's website.
Help the world share their story