Cognitive Software Development Intern (Undergraduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE SPRING 2018 (6 Months), SUMMER 2018 (3 Months) and FALL 2018 (6 Months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Cognitive Software Developer Interns that enable humans and machines to perform better than either humans or machines alone. These systems are designed to create new partnerships between people and machines to augment and scale human expertise in every industry, from healthcare to financial services to education.
Cognitive Software Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Phoenix
CA - Almaden, Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver
GA - Atlanta
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Raleigh-Durham
NY - New York City, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Cleveland, Dublin, Hartland
OR - Hillsboro
PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas
VT - Essex Junction
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand.
What You’ll Do:
- You will create and maintain machine learning models with a focus on big data.
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications in areas such as machine learning, computational linguistics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), advanced and semantic information search, extraction, induction, classification and exploration.
- You’ll assist with implementing, testing and improving algorithms in these areas, and will proactively identify and file patentable technology.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
Who You Are:
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with engineers and scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You know something about knowledge representation and reasoning.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as Java or Python.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas: Java or Python.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit http://www.uncubed.com/ibm
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Ads Payments & Billing System
Pinterest, San Francisco
Carbon, Redwood City
Senior Frontend Engineer
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Machine Learning Engineer
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Backend Software Engineer, Driver Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior IT Network Engineer
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate