Sr. DevOps Engineering Intern (Graduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE SPRING 2018 (6 Months), SUMMER 2018 (3 Months) and FALL 2018 (6 Months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
DevOps Developer Interns work at the intersection of Development and Operations; building, deploying, and operating a variety of systems.
DevOps Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Phoenix
CA - Almaden, Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver
GA - Atlanta
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Raleigh-Durham
NY - New York City, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Cleveland, Dublin, Hartland
OR - Hillsboro; PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas
VT - Essex Junction
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- You’ll pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- You’ll automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and UrbanCode.
- You’ll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- You have a basic understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Java, Bash, Python, or Ruby.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas : Java, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, UrbanCode, Bash, Python, or Ruby
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
Early Professional Track
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit http://www.uncubed.com/ibm
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Continuous Integration
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Architizer, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Intersection, New York
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (CS Tech)
Postmates, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer, QA
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA